The Community Resource Center, operated by CareerSource Gulf Coast, provides the following services at 307 Peters Street:
- Employment Services for Job Seekers - EmployFlorida is a free online resource for job listings, education and training opportunities, career development and more.
- Workforce Training Services: Through approved training providers, individuals may be eligible to complete training in an in-demand occupation that leads to a certification/diploma.
- Food Bank - through partnerships with Christian Community Development Fund, Second Harvest of the Big Bend, volunteers from local churches and others, food insecurity is addressed by providing opportunities for individuals to receive monthly food items to supplement their needs.
- Free Business Services for Employers: we can assist in locating qualified candidates for virtually any business. In addition, we can offer space for job fairs, interviewing candidates, etc.
- Summer Leadership Program: Summer day camp for children includes breakfast and lunch. Activities include reading and math activities as well as field trips, water activities and crafts. Our Gulf County Summer Internship Program provides eligible young adults living in Gulf County an opportunity to gain real world work skills and a step up as they work on a full-time job search.
Provided by Lee Ellzey, Director of Workforce Services Gulf and Franklin Counties